The Rocna anchor was designed by New Zealand sailor Peter Smith, who has been designing, building, and sailing boats since the early 1960’s. Over 100,000 nautical miles of cruising, Peter experienced the same anchoring problems that are still prevalent today – needing to carry a variety of anchors to suit various seabeds, yet still the anchors dragged and boaters felt insecure.
- An Independently Tested New Generation Design - Peter’s solution consistently returns top results in objective and independent testing. Since its launch in 2004, the Rocna has led worldwide anchor tests as published in the likes of SAIL, Yachting Monthly, Practical Boat Owner, Voile, and others. Because of the Rocna’s reliable and convincing performance against its competition, Rocna is trusted to be rock solid in the real world. You don’t need to take our word for it.
- For All Who Need Reliability from Performance - Rocna anchors are performing in some of the world’s toughest locales, including Patagonia, Antarctica, Alaska, Greenland, Scotland – as well as enduring temperamental tropical weather. Rocna has “buy-in” from respected boaters whose opinions matter, from Steve Dashew to Jimmy Cornell. Southern lattitudes sailing pioneer Jérôme Poncet reports: “It took me years with many trials to achieve, in discovering the Rocna anchor, foolproof holding power…”
- Precision Setting - The roll-bar (A) ensures that the anchor always arrives at the ideal angle for penetration, and the setting skids (B) guide the fluke tip (C) which acts as a sharp chisel cutting into the seabed. With a third of the anchor’s weight on its fluke tip, an instant reliable set is ensured with every use.
- Rock Solid Holding Power - Of all anchor types, a concave fluke (D) gives the greatest resistance, and through clever design Rocna provides the largest fluke area possible. In very soft seabeds, this provides the holding power to secure your boat. On hard or weedy sea floors, Rocna’s chisel tip (C) ensures that it cuts through and bites deep.
- Maximum Versatility - The Rocna is a true multi-purpose anchor that sets and holds in most seabeds, from soft mud to hard sand, clay, grass, and kelp.
- Resistant to Wind and Tide Shifts - A Rocna remains stable and buried, and does not roll out on reversal or veering of load, or if dragged beyond yield, providing enhanced security.
- Highest Quality Build and Finish - Compare the welds and finish on a genuine Rocna anchor to alternatives. We believe a top performing product should be built like one, and we spend a lot of time and resources on production and quality control procedures to ensure that this is the case.
- High Tensile Steel Shank (E) - Rocna anchors are designed – and built – for strength and durability.
- Self-deplying and Self-recovering - The Rocna shank is designed so the anchor self-launches and self-stows on the majority of bow-rollers, with the greatest possible reliability.
- Guaranteed for Life - Each Rocna anchor comes with a Lifetime Warranty against both breakage and bending in addition to manufacturing defects.
- Competitively Priced with Wide Product Range - Rocna anchors are available in 14 sizes from 4 kg (9 lb) – 275 kg (606 lb) to suit all vessels from small boats to small ships. Larger sizes available on request. Galvanized and stainless steel options are available in all sizes.