Here are the answers to all your boating questions and dilemmas. This book is packed with 101 essential punchy sailing tips for sailors to read before and during sailing for a stress-free, enjoyable time at sea, from expert sailing instructor, Duncan Wells. In this accessible, easy-to-absorb handbook, Duncan will share his tried-and-tested techniques and advice on sail setting, mooring, anchoring, navigation, sailing in heavy weather and more.
Step-by-step photographs, diagrams and clear instructions will guide you through each tip, and this book is perfect to dip in for help with a particular sailing problem.
In this book, Duncan will tell you all about how to:
- Calculate the speed of the tide by eye
- Follow the rule of the road
- Calibrate the depth sounder
- Calculate the displacement speed of your hull
- Reef early for an easy life
- Use the chart plotter to calculate when to tack
- Pick up buoys from the cockpit
- Look after your zips
- And many, many more!
This new title in Duncan Wells' popular Stress-Free mini-series will be a godsend to all boaters looking for tips, hints and solutions to everyday boating problems, and will complement Stress-Free Sailing and Stress-Free Navigation.