Sta-Plug Mini is Forespar’s mini form fitting emergency plug that made in USA. All the benefits of the standard Sta-Plug in a smaller, compact size. A soft cone shaped design allows it to easily fill the irregular shapes of hull impact breaches, as well as any round hole leak from a hose or through-hull. Unique edge gripping riblets help hold the plug in a hole, keeping water out.
The riblets help Sta-Plug conform to the shape of the hole, sealing a leak near the edge where a tight fit is crucial, and holding the plug more securely in place. Different by design, Sta-Plug’s shape includes a series of concentrically larger riblets stepped along the length of the cone. It’s The Emergency Plug that Grips!
Using the Sta-Plug Mini could not be any easier! Simply squeeze the Sta-Plug Mini into any hole or hose. You can push it into a hole by hand or using a tool.
These riblets offer two big advantages over traditional straight edged emergency plugs:
- They help Sta-Plug conform to the hole near the edge where a tight fit is most crucial;
- They help hold it more securely in place;
- Twist and compress by hand to insert into hole;
- Expands after insertion to hold in place.
Intended for temporary emergency use with continuous monitoring only, it gives the skipper greater peace-of-mind to allow them to focus on getting the boat to safety.
Made from high strength elastomer composites (rubber-like), Sta-Plug Mini will remain soft and ready to go for years and will not mould or swell up like conventional wood plugs.
*** NOT FOR FUEL LEAKS ***
Sta-Plug is also great for non-marine applications. In your RV / vehicle, home, workplace, and elsewhere. Users have used it for leak control and temporary repair of low-pressure storage tanks, drums, and other containers.
- Quick repair of storage tanks;
- Ideal for emergency leak repairs on all types of metal, plastic, or composite tanks, drums, and shells;
- Quickly stop leaks in low-pressure stainless steel/plastic containers;
- Ideal for patching and repairing steel or plastic drums;
- Will slow but may not completely stop leaks. Not for use with fuel leaks.