West Marine Elastic single tether has a 6' (1.8 m) leg that extends from 41"(104 cm) to 72" (183 cm).
This tether meets all ORC Special Regulation requirements for strength, design and features for sailboat racing. It incorporates a lightweight aluminium double-action safety hook, built-in stress indicator.
- Includes a bright overload indicator flag embedded in the stitching that is exposed when the tether is stressed to the point of needing replacement (about 900 lb / 400 kgs of force triggers the flag).
- The boat-end aluminium safety hook has an easy-to-use double-action gate that automatically locks closed, so it won’t accidentally release from attachment points
- Double-action gate is extremely easy to open in one ergonomic movement without pinching your hands
- Internal elastic located inside the webbing cover retracts when not under load, staying out of the way
- Non-magnetic, stainless steel snap shackle at chest closes securely and easily releases from the harness when it is under load
- Kong ISO 12401 compliant tethers are available at West Marine as a special order