With more than 300 illustrations, Dennison Berwick's Marine Diesel Basics explain all basic maintenance tasks of the marine diesel system - fuel, lubrication, cooling, breathing, electrical and drive train (coupling, shaft, shaft seal, propeller). All the tasks to winterise the complete system and to prepare for tropical storage (high heat and humidity).
Also include all the tasks to recommission (“summerise”) the system to ensure reliable and trouble-free service.
- Step-by-step instructions in clear, simple drawings
- Explains all parts of the system
- Lists all necessary tools and supplies to get each task done
- Covers sailboats, motorboats and narrowboats
- Indirect and direct cooled diesel engines
- Includes saildrives - maintenance, lay-up & recommission